Winlight Recruitment is currently working with a private client sourcing ENPs for various Urgent Care Centres across UK
The primary focus of the role is to work autonomously providing high-quality and timely patient-centred care.
The post holder will autonomously undertake assessment and treatment of patients in the UTC who may present with complex and/or chronic illnesses and/or injury; to determine a clinical diagnosis, treatment and appropriate discharge as indicated as well as maintaining patient records.
The post holder will be a source of clinical expertise to less experienced staff, enhancing the nurses’ skills and knowledge, and work in partnership within a multi-disciplinary team.
To contribute to meeting the identified Key Performance Indicators within the time frames identified.
The post holder will work the full complement of the rota as required by the service.
- To independently undertake highly specialised clinical assessments, diagnose, treat and discharge patients with a wide range of minor illnesses and injuries, including management of complex cases
- To ensure patients are fully involved in the design and implementation of their treatment plans
- To ensure effective coordination and liaison with multidisciplinary teams across Primary and Secondary Care Services, statutory and voluntary disciplines/groups in order to provide a seamless service to the patients and their carers and prevent hospital admission where urgent care is required
- To refer appropriately to in-house UTC GP’s where a second opinion is required
- To adapt styles of communication appropriately in order to promote empowerment, self-management and health education for patients
- To attend clinical case conferences , review and clinical meetings as required
- To be a source of clinical expertise to less experienced staff within the team
- To delegate duties/tasks to other members of staff where appropriate
- Provide specialist advice relating to minor illness and/or injury to local healthcare teams, patients, relatives and carers
- To identify actual or potential clinical risks and take appropriate action using, when required, the appropriate reporting structure
If you are interested then please apply now.