To work as an Early Years Teacher in the provision of a high quality learning environment that challenges and stimulates children’s interests and meets their individual needs.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To oversee the the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) within the setting for children aged two to five years.
- To lead on the planning, implementation and evaluation of a high quality early years curriculum, which includes a full commitment to anti-discriminatory practice.
- To provide a challenging and exciting early years curriculum which meets the children’s needs and interests and leads to children achieving at or above their expected level in all areas of development.
- To be the key person responsibe for a group of children.
- To be responsible for the assessment of children’s overall development, including carrying out observations, recording children’s achievement and maintaining developmental records to a high standard.
- To demonstrate and apply a sound knowledge of the EYFS.
- To have sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- To play an active role in contributing to senior management team meetings
- The role is classroom based within one of LB Camden’s busy Children’s Centres and can involve work both inside and outside of the building.
- The role holder will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- The role holder will be required to work to the shift pattern required by the centre, between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm and may be required to work outside of normal hours on occasion with notice.
- To organise outings for children’s interests, education and enjoyment with regard to safety
- Working within a multi-disciplinary staff team.
- Work is subject to frequently changing demands and requires a degree of flexibility.
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
- Qualified Teacher status and a Teacher reference number.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working directly with children under 5 years in a group day care situation
- Experience of working as part of a team in a childcare setting.
- Ability to use information technology systems and equipment.
If you are interested in this position, apply now.