Winlight Recruitment are currently working with London Borough of Tower Hamlets, who are looking for a Senior Social Worker to work in the Family Support and Protection Team.
Experience from the following teams would strongly be recommended to apply:
- Child Protection
- Looked After Children
- Children with Disability
- Children in Need
Your main roles will include:
- Completing single assessments of parents and the potential risk to their child/children
- Working with parents with mental health issues, substance misuse and domestic violence
- Working with children and families with learning disabilities
- Undertaking Child Protection and Child in need home visits
- Section 47 investigations
- Carrying out duty work; making referrals and Assessments
- Writing court reports
- Working with diversity
- Actively contributing to team working, supporting colleagues, covering for colleagues in their absence and taking part in team meetings
- Prepare Child Protection conference report and Looked after child review reports
- Prepare court reports for care proceedings
- Prepare care plans for children and young persons
- Attend and participate in Child Protection conference and Reviews
- Attend and participate in Looked after child review
- Organise and chair core group meetings with other professionals
- Participate in Strategy meeting with other professionals
- Attend and Chair placement planning meetings for Looked after children
- Prepare and monitor and review care packages for looked after children
- Organise and chair to prepare and review Child in Need agreement meetings with other professionals
- Carry out viability assessment on prospective kinship carers
- Attend and contribute to various multi-disciplinary meetings these include Child Protection Conferences; Child in Need Meetings, complex professionals meeting and Pre-proceedings meetings under the Public Law Outline.
You will need:
- Social Work Degree
- Registered with Social Work England
- Offer Competitive Pay up to £37 p/h
- Claim Your Business Miles
If you are considering relocating or temporary lodging for this assignment you should be able to find accommodation for a low price.
If you are interested in this role or looking for a different role as a Social Worker in the UK or Channel Islands, please contact Marketing at email@example.com
Working with Winlight Recruitment offers you a number of benefits including:
- Your own dedicated specialist consultant
- Access to the widest variety of Social Work jobs across the UK.
- Prompt and Reliable Payroll.
- Free DBS and Compliance Service