Winlight Recruitment are currently working with Southwark Council, who are looking for a Social Worker to work in the Assessment and Intake Team for the Older People and Physical Disabilities Service.
Experience from the following teams would strongly be recommended to apply:
- Hospital Team
- Adult Mental Health
- Adult Safeguarding
- Older People’s Team
- Complex Needs Team
The primary focus of the role is to complete Care Act Assessments . Your main roles will include:
- Undertaking unplanned reviews
- Converting care plans
- Assess and investigate risk, mental capacity, DOLS (LPS) and safeguarding issues
- Provision of a short term intensive assessment period
- Assessing the person’s ability to maximise their independence and to provide a robust assessment that measures the amount of ongoing support needed
You will need to have:
- Social Work Degree
- Registered with Social Work England
- Offer Competitive Pay of £29/ph
- Claim Your Business Miles
- Access to a broad range of on-site, Microsoft Teams led and e-learning trainings
- Flexible working arrangements. Presently the Assessment and Intake Team are operating a 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home rota
- Use of Team Oyster card when undertaking visits
- Laptop and work smart phone provided to all staff
- Supportive and understanding management structure
- Opportunities to lead on short term projects and opportunities for development and transition to permanent contract
- Varied and challenging cases
- The role will be initially for 3 months but we anticipate will be extended pending permanent recruitment.
If you are considering relocating or temporary lodging for this assignment you should be able to find accommodation for a low price.
If you are interested in this role or looking for a different role as Social Worker in the UK or Channel Islands, please contact Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with Winlight Recruitment offers you a number of benefits including:
- Your own dedicated specialist consultant
- Access to the widest variety of Social Work jobs across the UK.
- Prompt and Reliable Payroll.
- Free DBS and Compliance Service