Winlight Recruitment are currently working with London Borough of Bromley, who are looking for an Advanced Practitioner to work in the Referral and Assessment Team.
Experience from the following teams would strongly be recommended to apply:
- Child Protection
- Looked After Children
- Children with Disability
- Children in Need
Your main roles will include:
- Carry a workload requiring exemplary practice in situations of high complexity, exercising a degree of autonomy
- To provide support to managers and social workers to ensure the Council delivers high quality practice and complies with legislation, regulation and Social Care standards
- To coach, mentor, support and/or supervise less experienced members of the service
- Supporting the team on ‘Duty’ with urgent allocations
- Support casework with the more complex and challenging families, as per team needs, that require a high level of social work expertise in order to provide children with better outcomes Support, advise, mentor and model high standards of professional social work practice to newly qualified and less experienced staff in Complex/High Risk cases; provide professional, reflective supervision and support to staff as relevant to the needs of the team, e.g. staff induction, newly qualified social workers, students
- Manage a complex workload with a degree of autonomy, developing and maintaining a network of internal and external colleagues, with whom to seek and share advice, expertise and develop practice
- To promote excellent interagency work by modelling and providing advice e.g. in relation to Core Groups for children subject to a Child Protection Plan or in chairing a placement support meeting and working and develop a ‘team around the child’ approach
- Undertake assessments in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy, and procedures for the service. Maintain and provide expertise in specialist assessment and intervention, acting as a resource to others within the organisation
- Prepare, attend and chair, where applicable, a range of meetings and decision-making forums on specific cases as required
- Due to the nature of the work with vulnerable children, families and carers some work beyond normal office hours is required from time to time
- To work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participate as required in multi-disciplinary cross-department and cross-organisational groups and task teams
You will need to have:
- Social Work Degree
- Registered with Social Work England
- Offer Competitive Pay up to £39 p/h
- Claim Your Business Miles
If you are considering relocating or temporary lodging for this assignment you should be able to find accommodation for a low price.
If you are interested in this role or looking for a different role as an Advanced Practitioner in the UK or Channel Islands, please contact Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with Winlight Recruitment offers you a number of benefits including:
Your own dedicated specialist consultant
Access to the widest variety of Social Work jobs across the UK.
Prompt and Reliable Payroll.
Free DBS and Compliance Service